Re: [exim] Sporadic lsearch errors in 4.33

Autor: Eric Bullen
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Sporadic lsearch errors in 4.33
> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Eric Bullen wrote:
>
>> 4) I ran exim in debugging mode, and here's one section where it works,
>> and the next where it fails.
>
> Since you have obscured the actual addresses in use, and since this
> looks like it might be very dependent on the actual characters that form
> the addresses, it is not really possible to make any comment.

I apologize for that, but no, they contain only alpha characters (for both
addresses).

>> 10:05:44 20719 internal_search_find: file="/etc/exim/user_list.txt"
>> 10:05:44 20719 type=lsearch key="xx@???"
>> 10:05:44 20719 file lookup required for xx@???
>> 10:05:44 20719 in /etc/exim/user_list.txt
>> 10:05:44 20719 lookup failed
>
> I presume you have double/triple/quadruple checked that that is the
> right file name and that it contains the given key?

I have quintuple checked 3-fold, and yes, it's the right filename. One
thing that I noticed as I researched this is that I can reverse the email
addresses, and the 2nd one that failed originally will pass, and the last
one (that originally worked) will fail. It's almost like a caching
problem- when I first fire up exim in debugging mode, the file is not
cached, and thus works. However, for the 2nd email address (where it's
already cached), it fails. I have also reduced the size of the user_list
to about 20 email addresses, and it still happens.

Thanks,

-Eric