[exim] Re: Exim rejected RCPT not temporary

Autor: Alex Neumann
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Re: Exim rejected RCPT not temporary

"Giuliano Gavazzi" <eximlists@???> wrote in message
> At 1:11 am +0200 2004/10/04, Alex Neumann wrote:
> >"Giuliano Gavazzi" <eximlists AT humph.com> wrote in message
>
> let's start with this... what sort of reference is that? Are you
> reading your email through some private sort of usenet/mail gateway?

I am reading my mail via Horde IMP which is installed on the same server as
my MTA is installed on.
I do not think that my mailreader is interesting here, bec. the problems
occurrs earlier !

> [...]
> > >
> >> you are not an end user, so please send some decent log entries.
> >> Thanks
> >
> >1.
> >exim_panic.log has no entries
> >
> >2.
> >exim_reject.log states:
> >
> >2004-10-04 00:15:55 H=fmmailgate04.web.de [217.72.192.242] F=<xxx@???>
> >rejected RCPT andreas@???
> >2004-10-04 00:15:55 H=fmmailgate04.web.de [217.72.192.242] F=<> rejected
> >RCPT andreas@???
> [...]
> >
> >Tell me what else you need...
>

> you should be a bit more verbose in your deny rules! Also you should
> know what your deny rules are, but if you cannot work out why those
> emails where rejected do a

I know my deny rules are, but these denys just make no sense.

> exim -bh 217.72.192.242

Ok, this is a good idea.

> and go through the SMTP dialog with the same parameters (do you know
> how to do it?).
>
> I wonder if xxx AT web.de is not forwarded to andreas AT yourdomain,
> that would explain the bounce arriving to your account at the same
> time as the rejection.

What do you mean ?
Didn't get the point.

> If you also do sender callout and reject empty senders this makes for
> some interesting effects...

Where can I check this ?

> Perhaps you should also have warned us that your email address is
> protected by that boring challenge/response SpamEater system.

Eh ? It isn't !
I use greylisting, spamassassin and dns bl, as well as clamav for AV
scanning.

> Did you
> really give your account usename and password to a third party to
> have your email filtered?

Noooooo !
I just forward the mail from an ooollld account I had earlier to my new
account.

> Then why are you running exim at all?
>
> And since my reply to the list triggered another protection system,
> who is using the bluebottle verification system? I hope Nigel can
> track this down and unsubscribe that user.

Not me !
Challenge/response is stupid and I do not use it !