Re: [exim] malformed address: SIZE=[529] problem on "From : …

Autor: Steve Karlsen
A: exim-users
CC: chris
Assumpte: Re: [exim] malformed address: SIZE=[529] problem on "From : " field
Many thanks Philip for the advice, managed to get something working.
Many thanks to Chris and Peter Baxter for their input. Peter, I tried
putting SMTP in the Banner, but it didn't work.

The final fix was an ACL as follows :

acl_helo:

accept  condition = ${if eq{$acl_c1}{1}{yes}{no}}
           endpass
deny    message = 502 EHLO unimplemented
set acl_c1 = 1

accept hosts = <list of hosts>

deny message = relay not permitted

The variable acl_c1 is set for the first Ehlo attemtp after the rejection,
the second attemtp which is Helo is allowed, because acl_c1 is now set.
On the first attempt the deny message successfully pushes the client to smtp
instead of Esmtp.
If you don't use the acl_c1 variable, the second attmpt using Helo, is
rejected too.

I've only put the bare bones of the ACL here, I expect to some it may look a
little crude, it is, but it has allowed me to finish my testing.

Many thanks

Steve

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger