Re: [exim] Callout Verification and Authentication

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Reinhard Haller
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Callout Verification and Authentication
On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Reinhard Haller wrote:

> I've a problem with callout verification. It seems, that callout
> does'nt work with hosts requiring authentication as our ISP
> does (HELO does'nt allow AUTH).

Correct. Callouts do not at present support authentication. This is
something that is on the list to think about. However, for
straightforward sender callouts, you are checking whether a bounce could
be sent. That should not require authentication in normal situations.
(If you are running an MTA, you need a fixed IP address, and the ISP
should be able to authenticate you by your IP address without the need
for further authentication.)