Re: [exim] Callout Verification and Authentication

Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: Reinhard Haller, exim-users
CC:
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Callout Verification and Authentication
At 9:10 pm +0200 2004/10/01, Reinhard Haller wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've a problem with callout verification. It seems, that callout
>does'nt work with hosts requiring authentication as our ISP
>does (HELO does'nt allow AUTH).

sorry but I am not sure I understand. If you do callout you are
effectively testing if a bounce is deliverable. If you are using a
smarthost, then unless that uses recipient callout to test what you
are passing to it, then your callout will always succeed (as long as
you are authorised relaying through it).
If your smarthost does indeed perform recipient callout and requires
AUTH for you to relay, then I don't know what you can do (unless you
can bypass the smarthost).

Giuliano