Re: [exim] Compile advice: 4.42, SCO 5.0.7, gcc, SOCKLEN_T d…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Frank S. Bernhardt
Kopio: Exim Users List
Aihe: Re: [exim] Compile advice: 4.42, SCO 5.0.7, gcc, SOCKLEN_T definition
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Frank S. Bernhardt wrote:

> I've just compiled and got working EXIM 4.42 under a new SCO OpenServer 5.0.7
> machine using the GNU utilities.
>
> The only problem I had was with the preprocessor definition (correct term?) of
> SOCKLEN_T (socklen_t) not being defined in daemon.ca, exim.c and smtp_in.c. I
> looked at an older version of EXIM and saw that under that release it was
> defined as 'int'. I edited the programs accordingly and everything (seems) to
> be working. I then found a reference to SOCKLEN_T in exim.h so I presume that
> I should have just edited that file by replacing 'socklen_t' with 'int'.

The right thing to do (I'll do it) is to put a definition of SOCKLEN_T
into the OS/os.h-SCO file.

> Also FYI the 'ar' program doesn't exist under SCO (not unless you install the
> SCO Development System) but 'gar' does get installed as part of the GNU
> Utilities so that needs to be specified in the 'Makefile' instead of 'ar'.

It would be possible to put

AR=gar

into OS/Makefile-SCO, but I'm slightly wary about this because I'm not
clear from your message whether gar will always be available on SCO
systems. Can you clarify?

Even without any change, you can always put

AR=gar

into your Local/Makefile; you do not need to edit the main Makefile.