Re: [exim] support for domainkeys

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tony Finch
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Alan J. Flavell
Kopio: Exim User's Mailing List
Aihe: Re: [exim] support for domainkeys
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Alan J. Flavell wrote:

> Of course, the problem with reporting these kinds of statistics are
> that it depends strongly on what order the tests are carried out.

Yes. I occasionally swap them around to see how the proportions change. In
fact I've just put the HELO checks before the DNS blacklist checks; it's
now responsible for about 10% of rejections, mostly gaining at the expense
of the SBL-XBL.

> We've moved, over time, towards a sequencing of steps which, roughly
> speaking, optimise these principles:
>
> 1. Steps which can be carried out cheaply are done first.

Us too.

> 2. As a secondary principle, if we can avoid exposing too much useful
> information then we'll sequence the testa accordingly,

I'm less concerned about that, since the validity of an email address is
essentially public information. However criterion 1 ends up having almost
the desired effect.

> Coming back to the topic: here's an example of the kind of thing that
> makes me wild. There's an ongoing stream of bounces in Cyrillic,
> coming mostly from Russian servers, for abusive mails which faked one
> of our addresses as sender.

I'm working on the fix for that problem :-)

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
ST DAVIDS HEAD TO COLWYN BAY, INCLUDING ST GEORGES CHANNEL: NORTHWEST 4 OR 5,