Re: [exim] support for domainkeys

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: David
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim User's Mailing List
Aihe: Re: [exim] support for domainkeys
Hi !!

> PGP stops forgery 100%, guaranteed, and breaks absolutely _nothing_,
> guaranteed.

yes, but ask all email users to starts using it, it will take lots
of years to get a significant portion of them to use it. The other
solution is to use pgp to sign the messages at the mta. In any case
none of those solutions could be used before DAT, which does not
solve the problem of bandwith used by spam.

> SPF cannot do anything about forgery for those millions of people who
> will never use it either -- it's quite literally an all-or-nothing
> "solution" that must be implemented by all mailers everywhere in order
> to even begin to be effective whereas PGP guarantees to stop forgery for
> every paired sender and recipient who use it and deploying PGP is done
> on an as-needed basis and requires absolutely no co-operation on the
> part of any ISP or postmaster.

well, PGP cannot do anything about forgery for those millions of people
who will never use it either, so we are in the same situation, well,
it's more difficult to have all email users to use PGP than all isp's
to use spf. Just count how many people in this list uses pgp and how
many uses spf, taking in account hown many time both systems have been
running, there is a clear advantage in implementation for spf.

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53