Re: [exim] support for domainkeys

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Mark Moseley
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim User's Mailing List
Aihe: Re: [exim] support for domainkeys
Just to add a couple (probably worthless) cents' worth to the question
of the usefulness of SPF...

My mail servers get hit with about 9 million messages a day. Yesterday
they rejected exactly 134182 messages due to a hard SPF violation. And
those were rejected *after* RBL checks had taken place, so potentially
might be much higher if I had it higher in the ACL. We've had little
indication that we have anything but a miniscule false positive rate
(and I mean false positive in the sense of people misconfiguring SPF
records, ISPs being mean to customers, etc).

Ok, spammers might set up an SPF record and get past that check
(though hopefully not past the RBL, spam scanner, etc) and my 1.4% hit
rate might decrease the more spammers employ SPF records of their own.

But whatever the case, and whatever the technical merits of SPF, I'm
not going to complain that 134,000 less messages that hit my servers.

As a complete aside, $350 for an SSL cert? From verisign maybe. You
can find stuff for $50 these days if you don't mind it not being from
Verisign.