Re: [exim] reject-log questions

Author: Dermot Paikkos
To: SH Solutions
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] reject-log questions
Not sure what version your running.

the HELO looks like you have HELO_VERIFY (exim v3 probably in the ACL
section on v4) on which means only a valid HELO command is accepted.
This is a sensible precaution but I have found that a lot of hosts
fall foul of this due to re-verse DNS looks failing.

require VERIFY = sender (exim v4) is also on in the ACL section.
Again wise but can get a few false-positives.
Dp.

On 21 Sep 2004 at 16:20, SH Solutions wrote:

> Hi
>
> I thought, I understood most of exims logs, but now I found 2 stange
> entries:
>
> 2004-09-15 17:56:42 H=januXXXde [134XXX10] F=<keXXXsb@???>
> rejected RCPT <mail@???>: Sender verify failed 2004-09-15
> 21:34:58 rejected HELO from [62XXX41]: syntactically invalid
> argument(s): nt_49613199.intern.XXX.de
>
> The XXX parts are replacements from me to hide some clients
> information.
>
> Can someone explain me those two lines?
>
> Regards,
> Steffen

~~
Dermot Paikkos * dermot@???
Network Administrator @ Science Photo Library
Phone: 0207 432 1100 * Fax: 0207 286 8668