Re: [exim] reject-log questions

Author: Michael F. Sprague
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] reject-log questions
SH Solutions <info@???> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I thought, I understood most of exims logs, but now I found 2 stange
> entries:
>
> 2004-09-15 17:56:42 H=januXXXde [134XXX10] F=<keXXXsb@???> rejected
> RCPT <mail@???>: Sender verify failed

The above means that the sender address could not be verified either because
the sender's domain does not exist or the domain does exist and the user is
unknown. The latter can only occur if you're using sender verification with
callback. Other log entries should show you the sender.

> 2004-09-15 21:34:58 rejected HELO from [62XXX41]: syntactically invalid
> argument(s): nt_49613199.intern.XXX.de

IIRC the underscore is not allowed in a domain name and thus is invalid in
HELO as well.

Michael Sprague  | mfs@???
Partner          | System and Network Engineering (SaNE), LLC
use STD::disclaimer;