Re: [exim] Re: [CLUG-tech] moving to exim

Author: TBlittlefoot
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: [CLUG-tech] moving to exim
On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 11:15:05AM +0100, Peter Bowyer wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:54:43 +0200, Izak Burger
> <izakb@???> wrote:
>
> > Let me explain the exim3 notion, and then I will say what
> > changed in exim4.
>
> Sorry to interrupt here, but why? The OP hasn't used Exim
> before, why are you confusing him about how a 2-year-old
> version of the software used to work? Surely he's got enough to
> worry about already?
>
> > The second thing that changed is that the distinction
> > between routers and directors sort of blurred. There are no
> > directors anymore, just a sort of seperator (no_more) in the
> > conf file that specifies where the remote routers end and the
> > others (formerly called directors) begin.
>
> Please stop spreading hopelessly incorrect information. That
> last statement is complete rubbish - it's not even worth
> spening time telling you how and why.
>
> > At this point I'm going to have to point you to the exim
> > docs.
>
> And I'm going to point *you* there.
>
> > There is a chapter that explains how exim delivers mail.
> > They essentially tell you the same stuff I just did.
>
> Except the docs will explain it correctly.
>
> Sorry to be blunt, but you're really not helping the new user
> by telling him things he doesn't need to know, and things which
> are just plain wrong.
>
> Peter

Hello to you all. I've been reading the list here for quite a while.

Peter: If you know what is right, then please correct Izak's post,
point-by-point.

If you won't, I am going to have procmail dump your posts and any

Just calling him ignorant and telling us to RTFM is lame and a waste
of everyone's time.

Demonstrate that *you* know what you are talking about or take a hike.

Tom

--
    PLEASE mail me in PLAIN TEXT ----------- THANK YOU