Re: [exim] Yet another Greylisting local_scan package

Author: Tor Slettnes
To: Andrew Ford
CC: 'Exim Users'
New-Topics: Re: [exim] Yet another Greylisting local_scan package
Subject: Re: [exim] Yet another Greylisting local_scan package

On Sep 2, 2004, at 09:23, Andrew Ford wrote:

> I have written yet another greylisting local_scan module for exim.
> This one is fully customizable and uses MySQL for its tables. The
> documentation needs expanding and the utilities for extracting stats
> and cleaning the greylist table are yet to be written, but it seems
> quite solid to me (I wrote a Perl test harness to unit-test it, which
> is included in the distribution).
>
> Pick it up at: http://andrew-ford.com/exim/
>
> All feedback welcome.

Because local_scan() happens after the DATA has been received, you are
not saving any bandwidth. (As a matter of fact, because legitimate
mail is sometimes retried several times, you are actually wasting it).

Better to use implementations that can be done after "RCPT TO:", before
DATA.

-tor