[exim] DNS Blacklists and relayed messages

Author: Jerry
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] DNS Blacklists and relayed messages
Hello, all,

I'm pretty new to Exim, so please bear with me...

To cut down on some of the SPAM I receive, I've been looking at
implementing DNS blacklists. Right now I have the following in my
exim.conf file:

   warn    message    = X-DNSbl-Warning: \
                      $sender_host_address is listed in $dnslist_domain \
                      ${if def:dnslist_text { ($dnslist_text)}}
         dnslists   = bl.spamcop.net
         set acl_c1 = X-DNSbl-Warning: \
                      $sender_host_address is listed in $dnslist_domain \
                      ${if def:dnslist_text { ($dnslist_text)}}

If I understand this correctly, I should see the warning message in my
header if the sender's IP was listed in SPAMCOP.

However, my attglobal.net id gets most of the SPAM. It is set to
forward to my "real" email address, where I'm running exim. It looks
like this forward is interfering with the DNS blacklists.

Is there any way to detect in the ACL's who originated the message?

Eventually I would like to deny the messages (I'm currently the only
user - and any other users would be my employees) based on the
originating IP instead of the relaying one?

Or am I doing something else wrong?

TIA.

Jerry