Re: [exim] tls-on-connect

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] tls-on-connect
Hi Philip, on Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:08:08 +0100 (BST) you wrote:

[snip various proposals on a config option for TLS on connect]
> That is why I prefer
> tls_on_connect = x : y
> because it would apply both to daemon_smtp_ports and to
> local_interfaces. And it would also apply to inetd connections.

For what my opinion's worth, I like this option (certainly better than
tls_interfaces or some other proposals; I'm sure in the overwhelming
majority of cases people want to differentiate the tls_on_connect by port,
not interface) and whilst I dislike supporting "legacy"/broken clients and
wish they'd go away, this strikes me as being a useful feature which would
make life slightly less painful for the cases where disregarding older
clients is unfortunately not an option. So, taking into consideration that
I'm not in a position to offer to implement it, it gets my vote :-)

Tim