AW: AW: [exim] tls-on-connect

Author: Steffen Heil
To: exim-users
CC: 'Philip Hazel'
Subject: AW: AW: [exim] tls-on-connect
Hi

> > daemon_smtp_ports = smtp (default)
> > daemon_tls_smtp_ports = ssmtp (default)
> I'd rather modify daemon_smtp_ports than add a new option, but then that

also interacts with local_interfaces.
> It might still be simplest just to add a list of ports, as was originally

suggested.

My original suggestion was to have a list of ports that would default to
tls-on-connect.
However, those ports would need to be listed in daemon_smtp_ports also, so
that exim would listen to them at all.

So my corrected suggestion is to add a second list, that tells exim to
listen to these ports and default to tls-on-connect.

So these two would be the same:

Old suggestion:
daemon_smtp_ports = smtp : ssmtp
tls-on-connect = ssmtp

New suggestion:
daemon_smtp_ports = smtp
daemon_tls_smtp_ports = ssmtp

I find the new one a little better, but would be happy with both anyway.

Regards,
Steffen