Re: [exim] [Exim RPM w/ mysql-enable for FC2] Anybody out th…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Jin S. chung
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [Exim RPM w/ mysql-enable for FC2] Anybody out there who had installed mysql enabled exim rpm for fedora core 2?
On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 15:17 -0700, Jin S. chung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there anybody who had installed exim 4.41 rpm w/ mysql enabled for
> fedora core 2? I am getting this error when I try to install the
> following rpm package:
>
> ftp://ftp.exim.org/pub/rpms-for-exim/fedora-2-i386-updates/exim-4.41-0_24.fc2.i386.rpm
>
> error: Failed dependencies:
>     exim-mta is needed by exim-4.41-0_24.fc2

Install all the packages as a group - the exim package contains
auxillary bits only, and depends on exim-mta which is provided by the
exim-mysql (and exim-base... etc).

I'm probably going to pull the FC2 packages completely - I use the
Fedora build myself. In fact I don't now use any of the packages I'm
building, so I can't really build these through the company buildsystem
etc. If anyone else wants to start providing rpms and relieve me of
this it would be rather useful.

> Is there anybody who can help me out to install mysql enabled version
> of exim rpm for fedora core 2? Or any information how can I build such
> a rpm package myself?

Get the spec file or the SRPM

    Nigel.