RE: [exim] Fw: Exim, GPL, and IPR

Author: David Brodbeck
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] Fw: Exim, GPL, and IPR

The problem is the leading open, royalty-free candidate was SPF.
Unfortunately, Meng decided to accept Microsoft's offer to get involved and
help move it along on a standards track, so now we're seeing a classic
"embrace-and-extend" move. It's likely the final draft of the standard will
involve SenderID.

What's more troubling is no one's been able to get a straight answer as to
whether Microsoft's patent would cover the original SPF proposal, or just
one that includes SenderID.