Re: [Exim] Callout timeouts: opinions sought

Author: Russell King
To: Tim Jackson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Callout timeouts: opinions sought
On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 11:10:23AM +0100, Tim Jackson wrote:
> [syntax of new option defining callout max timeout]
> > What about something like
> >     verify = sender/callout=10s/maxtimeout=40s

> But then that would allow the possibility of meaningless but potentially
> confusing things like:
>
> verify = sender/maxtimeout=40s

Hang on, we already have options which modify the callout behaviour.
So why can't this just be another option in that sense?

    verify = sender/callout=10s,maxwait=40s,defer_ok,postmaster

This follows the already well established pattern of supplying options
to the callout.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/