Re: [Exim] Callout timeouts: opinions sought

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Callout timeouts: opinions sought
Hi Ruth, on Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:44:11 +0100 you wrote:

[syntax of new option defining callout max timeout]
> What about something like
>     verify = sender/callout=10s/maxtimeout=40s

But then that would allow the possibility of meaningless but potentially
confusing things like:

verify = sender/maxtimeout=40s

The "maxtimeout" sub-option is related only to the "callout" option, so
logically it kind of has to be part of that option.

I thought the original (10s+40s) was OK myself (though I take the point
about the possible confusion). I think verify = sender/callout=10s;40s
would be a reasonable alternative.

Or how about

sender/callout=10s!40s

or

sender/callout=10s&40s

The latter would even make some kind of sense, since it's "timeout of 10s
AND overall timeout of 40s"

Tim