Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Most effective spam reduction te…

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Most effective spam reduction techniques
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Richard Clayton wrote:

> This is from a DLink DI-704P (a popular make of router, used to provide
> home networking behind a cable modem or similar).

[...]

>     HELO        highwayman.com

Looks good to me! If such boxes go berserk and start mailing to
random addresses, we'll reject the mails out of hand for having a
faked HELO. If you want to get mail from your specific box, all that
you need to do is configure an exception in your target MTA.

My hunch would be that they didn't plan it that way, but it looks to
me like a case of good results for the wrong reason.

all the best