Re: [exim] selinux and exim

Author: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] selinux and exim
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 18:32:57 +0100 Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???> wrote:
> There are significant problems with the selinux and policy
> implementation in FC2. You would be better working against FC3t1 or
> rawhide.

can you point me at any references on the problems in FC2?

> > if no one does, and i'm the first sucker, does anyone have any interest
> > in my experiences with this newfangled security software?

> Yes. Add info into the exim wiki... which I haven't announced yet :-)

i guess i'll just have to wait for your announcement, then.

> I suggest taking the FC2 stock exim rpm as a base, although that does
> not have support for some of the databases etc. Its likely to be hairy
> to do completely anyhow.

yes, i was just thinking that it would be the best starting point.

in any case, i won't be starting with exim until i get postgresql squared
away. there are numerous issues with postgresql having to do with how
the stock startup script is written (it's doing a few too many things,
and doing some things having to do with process ownership in slightly
"odd" ways.)

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???