Re: [exim] selinux and exim

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Richard Welty
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] selinux and exim
On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 18:10, Richard Welty wrote:
> has anyone played with setting up exim in an selinux environment?
> (selinux: http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/ and
> http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora-docs/selinux-faq-en/ ).
>
> i just installed selinux on my Fedora Core 2 linux system, and am
> starting to try and understand how it works. if anyone has exim.te
> and exim.fc files for selinux, i'd be interested in seeing them.

Have fun...

There are significant problems with the selinux and policy
implementation in FC2. You would be better working against FC3t1 or
rawhide.

> if no one does, and i'm the first sucker, does anyone have any interest
> in my experiences with this newfangled security software?

Yes. Add info into the exim wiki... which I haven't announced yet :-)

> i expect it to be somewhat interesting in any event; the .fc files
> specify very specific properties of the files, and assume standard
> file system placement for them, and as we all know, exim is highly
> customizable in this regard and we already all have treasured
> places for our favorite config files.

I suggest taking the FC2 stock exim rpm as a base, although that does
not have support for some of the databases etc. Its likely to be hairy
to do completely anyhow.

    Nigel.