Re: [Exim] authenticators _and_ ACLs?

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] authenticators _and_ ACLs?
Marten Lehmann said:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using a pretty standard configuration file, just extended with some
> authenticators. Now I have one problem: Although I have defined a
> "require verify = sender" ACL, this rule doesn't seem to be used when a
> user authentifcates. Thus I user can send a message with a non-existing
> sender through our relay. But it doesn't reach the recipient, the
> bounce-message can't be sent. That way the message is frozen in the
> relay and the sender doesn't even know, that there's a problem with the
> delivery. How can I force the "verify = sender" rule, although the user
> authenticates?

The order of things in the RCPT ACL is important - tests happen in the
order they appear in the config, and as soon as a successful 'accept',
'deny' (etc) is reached, processing stops.

You've probably got something equivalent to 'accept authenticated = *'
ahead of the 'require verify = sender', so the 'require' is never reached
if the 'accept' succeeds.

Move things around to change the effect.

Peter