Re: [Exim] exim 4 and auth_spa questions

Author: Wakko Warner
To: John W. Baxter
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim 4 and auth_spa questions
> Be sure to make the public name NTLM

I did forget this part! However, IIRC, TFM says this.

> I hesitate to post config, because our LDAP database--from whence come the
> passwords--is not quite "normal".

hehe, mine's mysql instead of ldap. Personally, I don't like LDAP, but I
haven't had much experience with it and it doesn't feel right. I'd like to
know more about it, maybe I'd change my mind.

> I've seen it work with the boss' Outlook2000 and with my OutlookExpress 6
> (latest, I think, pre SP2).
>
> Not in production yet...Wakko's comments about it using the Windows password
> instead of the configured one worry me. Dumb Microsoft, although I suppose
> it might make sense in an all-Microsoft shop.

I have it configured, but not in use. Where I work, the windows login name
!= email address. I don't feel it was a good idea to have that information
on the internet (however, my winlogin = my email). Since the company I work
for has several subsidairies we do something like company initials + user
initials. Doesn't look good as an email address =)