Re: [Exim] exim 4 and auth_spa questions

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim 4 and auth_spa questions
On 8/19/2004 14:59, "Jeffrey Wheat" <jeff@???> wrote:

> Has anyone managed to get this working? I have been trying without
> much luck. Documentation as well as mailing list information is very
> thin at best. If anyone could share their success and a conf sample I
> would appreciate it a great deal!

It's working here on a test server (the production servers need Exim rebuilt
with SPA enabled).

Be sure to make the public name NTLM

I hesitate to post config, because our LDAP database--from whence come the
passwords--is not quite "normal".

I did essentially what Wakko said.

I've seen it work with the boss' Outlook2000 and with my OutlookExpress 6
(latest, I think, pre SP2).

Not in production yet...Wakko's comments about it using the Windows password
instead of the configured one worry me. Dumb Microsoft, although I suppose
it might make sense in an all-Microsoft shop.

--John