[Exim] Re: Opinions sought: Most effective spam reduction te…

Author: David Stone
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Opinions sought: Most effective spam reduction techniques
The OP asked about dealing with false-positives. One thing I've seen
done is to put a URL in every deny message that provides a specific
address for reporting problems due to spam black-listing. That way,
if someone has run foul of a dynamic user list or local block, they
can still contact someone with the authority to white-list if needed.

I'd definitely second the use of sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org - that cuts
down a load of spam/viruses/etc., and I personally have never seen
a false positive using it.

Cheers,

Dave Stone