Re: [Exim] OT: Problem with recipient verification to an exc…

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] OT: Problem with recipient verification to an exchange server
Nathan Ollerenshaw said:
>> I've found that the exchange server accepts all mail at that domain,
> then generates a bounce internally. Marvellous.
>
> This is the off topic part, but hopefully one of you smart fellers have
> dealt with this before; does anyone know the damn little gui switch I
> need to flick in Exchange 2000 to make it work?

Exchange 2003 has this feature in the GUI. Exchange 2000 doesn't. There is
a complicated trick with SMTP event sinks for Exchange 2K, but you don't
want to go there.

The usual way of handling this is a verify_only router which does an LDAP
lookup against the Exchange GAL - there's a config for this in the FAQ.
It's known to work pretty well.

Peter