Re: [Exim] Multiple logins?

Author: Jack Falstaff
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Multiple logins?
--- j2 <spamfilter2@???> wrote:

> > My ISP grants me multiple mail boxes, and each has
> its
> > own login identity. I mirrored the
> account/usernames
> > on my server for simplicity's sake and I managed
> > figure out how to login to and authenticate one
> > account, now I need to get Exim to handle each
> account
> > in its own way. How to I get the user's name or
> the
> > sender's name from the email? I'd like to extract
> > that and use it in an lsearch to get the password.
>
> I (personally) is a bit confused here. What have you
> "mirrored"? and why?
> And how are you "logging in and authenticating"?
>
> Do you want to collect your mail from your ISP (via
> POP/IMAP?), and deliver
> them to various LOCAL users, who then can collect
> them via POP/IMAP?
>
> If so, you want something like fetchmail to get the
> mail from the ISP, and
> to drop it to various local users.
>
> It sounds like there is at least one POP/IMAP
> instance involved here, and
> that is not an Exim issue.

No, not for receiving.

When I say I mirrored, I mean I duplicated the account
names so fetchmail gets the mail for *that* particular
user. I could in time have a single mail polling
session to get all the mail, but I'm not worried about
that right now.

And yes, I mean LOGIN and authenticate. How would I
authenticate for different accounts? I have several
for different purposes, and I want replies in that
account to go back out that account, not over my main,
which still remains relatively spam-free.

So, how do I authenticate differently for different
accounts?