Re: [Exim] Multiple logins?

Author: j2
To: Jack Falstaff, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Multiple logins?
> My ISP grants me multiple mail boxes, and each has its
> own login identity. I mirrored the account/usernames
> on my server for simplicity's sake and I managed to
> figure out how to login to and authenticate one
> account, now I need to get Exim to handle each account
> in its own way. How to I get the user's name or the
> sender's name from the email? I'd like to extract
> that and use it in an lsearch to get the password.

I (personally) is a bit confused here. What have you "mirrored"? and why?
And how are you "logging in and authenticating"?

Do you want to collect your mail from your ISP (via POP/IMAP?), and deliver
them to various LOCAL users, who then can collect them via POP/IMAP?

If so, you want something like fetchmail to get the mail from the ISP, and
to drop it to various local users.

It sounds like there is at least one POP/IMAP instance involved here, and
that is not an Exim issue.