Re: [Exim] The Bcc Issue

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] The Bcc Issue
On 13 Aug 2004 at 11:21, Philip Hazel wrote about
    "[Exim] The Bcc Issue":

| The Bcc Issue: posted to the exim-users, exim-dev, and ietf-822 mailing lists
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

| The issue of who handles Bcc: header lines has again been raised, and I
| am seeking opinions as widely as I can.

My $.02:

Generating message headers such as BCC is clearly an MUA function, I
don't see how there could be any doubt about that. Any MUA that
generates a BCC header in the copy of a message being sent to non-BCC
recipients is not RFC compliant. I also believe (but did not re-
check) that any MTA that modifies headers like BCC in transit is not
RFC compliant.

FWIW, if a postmaster nonetheless wants to "break" his MTA by
implementing a fix for such broken MUAs, he can easily do that with
exim already.

- Fred