Re: [Exim] The Bcc Issue

Author: Giolla Decair
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] The Bcc Issue
Greetings,

> 4. Among the MUAs, I think that Pine never sends Bcc: lines, but Mutt by
>    default does, assuming that the MTA will deal with them (Mutt does
>    not use the -t option).

To add two more data points Elm and Mulberry handle the Bcc lines
themselves.

For my money BCC should be handled by the MUA not the MTA. As you say
it's not difficult to tell Exim to remove the BCC lines but I don't
think that it should remove header lines by default. I thought, though
I could very well be wrong, that the relevant RFCs said that MTAs
could add header lines but shouldn't change or delete them.

--
Giolla Decair
              "Missed it