Re: [Exim] directory permissions

Author: Andy Wettstein
To: Nigel Wade
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] directory permissions
On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 09:14:26AM +0100, Nigel Wade wrote:
> Andy Wettstein wrote:
> >Hello
> >
> >Is there a way to set the group for a directory that exim creates with
> >create_directory? AFAICT, exim creates all directories with group
> >ownership of exim_group and there is no other directory group ownership
> >setting.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Andy
> >

> If we are talking about the appendfile transport, then
> group = mail
> directory_mode = 750
>
> will create directories with group mail and group rx permission.
>
> The group option makes the transport run as that group, so any
> files/directories it creates will have that group ownership.

This does not work. I have this transport:

shared_local_delivery_mbx:
driver = appendfile
mbx_format = true
message_prefix =
message_suffix =
file = /var/mail/imapshared/$local_part/INBOX
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
mode = 0660
no_mode_fail_narrower
directory_mode = 755
group = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/mail/shared-mail}}

I have shared email get accepted by this router:

shared_mail:
driver = accept
user = imapshared
local_parts = lsearch;/etc/mail/shared-mail
group = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/mail/shared-mail}}
transport = shared_local_delivery_mbx

I create a test alias in /etc/mail/shared-mail that looks like this:
test: sysadm
So the group should by sysadm for everything.

I do a delivery to test and here is what I get:

[2484]root@florence# ls -la /var/mail/imapshared/test/
total 8
drwxr-xr-x  2 imapshared  mail     512 Aug 12 07:36 .
drwxr-xr-x  7 imapshared  mail     512 Aug 12 07:36 ..
-rw-rw----  1 imapshared  sysadm  3304 Aug 12 07:36 INBOX

I use exim-4.41 on FreeBSD 5.2.