Re: [Exim] Another lowest numbered MX record points to local…

Author: Roland Roberts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Another lowest numbered MX record points to local host

    Tim> Hi Roland, on Fri, 06 Aug 2004 23:54:18 -0400 you wrote:
    >> My mail gateway is also my mail hub and it is also my firewall.
    >> Perhaps not the best arrangement, but that's how it is set up for now.
    >> Internet <----> Hub/Gateway <----> Internal Net

    Tim> [snip problem missing a bit of clear info]

    Tim> Would I be right in deducing the following:

    Tim> - "Hub/Gateway" does local deliveries *on that machine itself*? If so, how
    Tim>   are they to be done? "Usual" BSD mailboxes?

Yes, they are delivered to local mailboxes, but via procmail.

    Tim> - "Hub/Gateway" should handle local domains *.home.intra?

Yes.

    Tim> - "Hub/Gateway" is *not* passing on the mails via SMTP to some internal
    Tim>   server?

Correct.

[...]

    Tim> Also, you might like to try:

    Tim> exim -d -bt roland@???

    Tim> as that will show you the routing steps that Exim goes through to decide
    Tim> what to do with a mail to that address.

Thanks! That was the ticket; t.home.intra was not being picked up by
the local_domains---I apparently have to add t.home.intra to
local_domains. I didn't realize that local_domains also included FQDN
to the host level; once i did that, the mail came right through.

roland
- --
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland@???                            6818 Madeline Court