Re: [Exim] Another lowest numbered MX record points to local…

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Another lowest numbered MX record points to local host
Hi Roland, on Fri, 06 Aug 2004 23:54:18 -0400 you wrote:

> My mail gateway is also my mail hub and it is also my firewall.
> Perhaps not the best arrangement, but that's how it is set up for now.
>     Internet <----> Hub/Gateway <----> Internal Net

[snip problem missing a bit of clear info]

Would I be right in deducing the following:

- "Hub/Gateway" does local deliveries *on that machine itself*? If so, how
are they to be done? "Usual" BSD mailboxes?

- "Hub/Gateway" should handle local domains *.home.intra?

- "Hub/Gateway" is *not* passing on the mails via SMTP to some internal
server?

If so, I'm not quite sure what's causing your problem, as this should be a
"standard" situation handled by Exim - adding home.intra to local_domains
should pretty much be it and you shouldn't need any fancy stuff. So
there's obviously something funny going on. Can you post your complete
Exim config (minus comments)? It would be easier to see what's going on.

Also, you might like to try:

exim -d -bt roland@???

as that will show you the routing steps that Exim goes through to decide
what to do with a mail to that address.

Tim