[Exim] checking quota before accepting the message

Author: Nathan Ollerenshaw
To: Exim users list
Subject: [Exim] checking quota before accepting the message
Guys,

right now I have a lot of messages sitting in queues, being deferred
for local delivery because the mailbox they are trying to delivery to
is over quota.

Is there any way to check to see if the message is over quota before
its 250 OK'd, and fail it? I don't want to generate a bounce if
possible.

I'm guessing not because if its being delivered to multiple addresses
you don't want to fail it for all of them if just one will fail due to
quota. Maybe there is a better way.

Just wondering if anyone else has been through this and has worked out
a solution?

Thanks.

ps I changed our modest hosting platform over to Exim from qmail
recently. Its rockin.

--
Nathan Ollerenshaw - UNIX Systems Engineer
ValueCommerce - http://www.valuecommerce.ne.jp/