Re: [Exim] checking quota before accepting the message

Author: Nathan Ollerenshaw
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] checking quota before accepting the message
On Aug 7, 2004, at 8:09 PM, Jeremy Harris wrote:

> It's ugly (yes, I'd like a builtin in Exim too!) but all sorts of evil
> things are possible with Exim. Here's mine (any critiques welcome):

Jeremy,

Thanks for sharing your ACL. I'm using LDAP, so its not directly
translatable for me, but I think I can hack something together based on
what you've got here.

I'm thinking about a hybrid of greg's solution - an alias file with
routes to :fail: - with your acl that processes the maildirquota file
and then somehow stores this information into the alias file. Not sure
if I can do that? That is, I'm not sure how to get Exim to manage an
alias file. That sounds kinda dangerous.

Still, it would be nice to have a builtin like

smtp_rcpt_check_quota = true
smtp_rcpt_check_quota_message = Mailbox full

which encapsulates all this logic by following routers that don't have
no_address_test and no_verify set and if its an accept router, check to
see if the message could be written. If not, send the message and fail
the RCPT TO.

Would be really useful for people doing large mail systems, I think.
Philip, wishlist? :)

Nathan.

--
Nathan Ollerenshaw - UNIX Systems Engineer
ValueCommerce - http://www.valuecommerce.ne.jp/