RE: [Exim] 550 Administrative prohibition

Author: Ruth Ivimey-Cook
To: 'Christopher Chaduka', exim-users, 'Mollatt Ntini'
Subject: RE: [Exim] 550 Administrative prohibition
Folks,

> Turn on debugging and try to send a message to the box and
> see where and when exactly does exim give that error.
>
> exim -bd is your friend.

I assume you mean "exim -d+all" (or similar) as exim -bd will simply put
exim in daemon mode.

> >     550 Administrative prohibition

FWIW, The original issue - posting "Administrative prohibition" in response
to some mail format error, is something I have occasionally found very
irritating. For example, a friend recently sent me a mail that had been CCd
to 20 or so others. One of those other addresses was badly formatted, so
exim bounced the hole thing with this 550 error. The sender (not
unreasonably) didn't know what had gone wrong -- eventually I found out when
he mentioned it on the phone.

Can we have some way to include more detail in such responses?

Thanks