Re: [Exim] Exim, mysql and rcpt acl

Author: Christoph Kliemt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim, mysql and rcpt acl
kimoexim@??? writes:

> Hello,
>
> FreeBSD 4.9 with Exim 4.41 with mysql from ports.

[...]

> recipients = ${lookup mysql{select listemail from mailalias where
> external='1'}{$value}fail}
>
> But then I'd be worried about having to a 1000 entry table and having to
> compare against every entry.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Kimo R.

Anyway, you have to look up a recipient-senderaddress pair for ervery
connection. We do something similar here, but or solution is different
from yours.

recipe:
- lookup the pair in a stored procedure (we use postgres)
- let the procedure return a resultcode ( and a messagetext, if you
wish ).
- use a contition that checks this resultcode in the rcpt-to-acl.

hth christoph