RE: [Exim] 550 Administrative prohibition

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Exim users list
Subject: RE: [Exim] 550 Administrative prohibition
On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Ruth Ivimey-Cook wrote:

> > >     550 Administrative prohibition

> Can we have some way to include more detail in such responses?

In some contexts, we already have a way. I think Philip not
unreasonably assumed that the default should be one which did not
"give much away" to spammers and other low-life[1]. Those who want to
send more detail have to take some positive action to get it.

My comment on our main-configuration entry:

smtp_return_error_details = true

says see the thread which includes:

http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20030428/053322.html
http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20030428/053243.html

hope this helps.

[1] It's left as an exercise to the student to determine whether this
term includes senders who misconfigure their mail software... ;-}