Re: [Exim] Send email from ACL?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tim Jackson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Send email from ACL?
Hi Gururajan, on Tue, 3 Aug 2004 05:09:41 -0700 (PDT) you wrote:

> I successfully implemented the Exiscan interface to Exim to do virus
> filtering. Currently rejection messages are put in the Exim log file. I
> would like to send messages to the prospective receipient(s) that an
> email to them was rejected. Such as:
>
> Message with virus or other harmful content (virus
> name) from "From addr" rejected.

I would strongly advise against doing this. Not only does it mean that the
users *still* get their mailbox filled with junk (albeit your
notifications rather than the original mail), but all it's going to do is
prompt end-users to e-mail the supposed sender saying "why did you send me
a virus/spam?" or "please resend your mail after you've scanned for
viruses" or whatever, which wastes everyone's time and resources.

Tim