Re: [Exim] Send email from ACL?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tom Kistner
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Gururajan Ramachandran
Kopio: Exim Email List
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Send email from ACL?
Gururajan Ramachandran wrote:

> I successfully implemented the Exiscan interface to
> Exim to do virus filtering. Currently rejection
> messages are put in the Exim log file. I would like to
> send messages to the prospective receipient(s) that an
> email to them was rejected. Such as:

This is not a good idea (standard $USERS are only unneccesarily roused
by such messages, and 99% of current malware traffic has fake senders).

If you are looking for the marketing effect ("Those IT guys are
protecting our sorry asses!"), you might want to send daily or weekly
digests with some stats generated from the log files. This will make a
lasting impression, justifying your budget and increases your visibility.

/tom