Re: [Exim] Authenticated smtp

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nathan Ollerenshaw
A: Phil Jordan
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Authenticated smtp
On Jul 29, 2004, at 9:20 AM, Phil Jordan wrote:

> I've run tests (exim -d+expand -be) with exim both as root and as exim.
>
> (I'm running RH9 with PAM 0.75. I created a pam.d/exim file by hand
> modelled after the one used for IMAP on my system.)
>
> The test run as root succeeds, validating my authenticator code.
>
> The test run as exim fails.

Sounds like something changed after RH9 to allow this.

> Before I give up on PAM and start looking at other options, can I
> double
> check if there's anything special I should be doing for my PAM config
> (pam.d/exim) please? According to the Exim docs PAM 0.72 and up should
> support checking from a non-root account so I had expected using PAM to
> work.

Personally, if it were me, I'd install yum, point the yum.conf at your
nearest FC2 mirror and do a 'yum upgrade' ;)

But, you're not me, and you probably don't want to possibly break
things, so looks like you'll have to look at saslauthd, like others in
the thread have said. I can't vouch for it myself, I store all the
account information in LDAP which makes writing the authenticators a
little easier.

Nathan

--
Nathan Ollerenshaw - UNIX Systems Engineer
ValueCommerce - http://www.valuecommerce.ne.jp/