Re: [Exim] Authenticated smtp

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Stephen Gran
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Authenticated smtp
On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 01:20:42AM +0100, Phil Jordan said:
> I've run tests (exim -d+expand -be) with exim both as root and as exim.
>
> (I'm running RH9 with PAM 0.75. I created a pam.d/exim file by hand
> modelled after the one used for IMAP on my system.)
>
> The test run as root succeeds, validating my authenticator code.
>
> The test run as exim fails.
>
> Before I give up on PAM and start looking at other options, can I double
> check if there's anything special I should be doing for my PAM config
> (pam.d/exim) please? According to the Exim docs PAM 0.72 and up should
> support checking from a non-root account so I had expected using PAM to
> work.

I have exactly the same thing here. I have had to resort to a hacked
together authentication system that first looks at a flat file for a
half dozen users, and then does ldap_auth for everybody else (who don't
have /etc/passwd entries to cut-n-paste). Not sure why - I did think
it would work, but maybe sasl needs to be thrown into the mix.

|  Stephen Gran                  | Shaw's Principle:  Build a system that  |
|  steve@???             | even a fool can use, and only a fool    |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | will  want to use it.                   |