Re: [Exim] Message: "result of an earlier callout reused"

Autor: Bill Moseley
A: Dan Egli
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Message: "result of an earlier callout reused"
On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 01:31:44PM -0600, Dan Egli wrote:
> Bill Moseley wrote:
>
> >Let me ask this again.
> >
> >ezmlm manages one of the apache.org list. Message #4584
> >was rejected by exim due to callout verify fail. The later bounce
> >message I received from apache.org said the reason was:
>
> Not Exim's fault. ezmlm is a Q-mail specific program. Sounds like
> somehow the QMail bounced it incorrectly. I hate Qmail.

Well, the actual cause of the bounce might be because of qmail, but
the issue is I have a verify failure notice in my Exim reject log.
The bounce message that I got (at a later date) from the Qmail mailer
contained a copy of that Exim rejection. It's that Exim rejection my
MTA sent that says "result of an earlier callout" -- yet I can't find
any record of that earlier callout in my logs.

That's what has me scratching my head.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@???