Re: [Exim] Message: "result of an earlier callout reused"

Autor: Bill Moseley
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Message: "result of an earlier callout reused"
On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 03:38:00PM -0400, Stephen Gran wrote:
> /usr/sbin/exim_dumpdb /var/spool/exim4/ callout (at least on Debian -
> your spool file location may be different)

Thanks!

So, now I'm more confused. I've got entries in the cache dating back
to March, but the verify fail on July 12 isn't listed.

Remote host said: 550-Callback setup failed while verifying
<modperl-cvs-return-4584-moseley=hank.org@???>
550-(result of an earlier callout reused).

mardy:/var/log/exim4# exim_dumpdb /var/spool/exim4 callout | grep modperl-cvs-return-4584
25-Jul-2004 12:33:52 modperl-cvs-return-4584-moseley=hank.org@??? callout=accept

which must be from me trying the address just a while ago. Should I
assume that the cache item from July 12 was somehow purged?

It's also interesting because that number "4584" is the message number
so I shouldn't see more than one of those messages. So the cache hit
is baffling.

I guess I'm just trying to understand what's causing these delivery
failures.

What it looks like is ezmlm attempted to deliver 4584 once and was
rejected due to a verify fail. Ezmlm tried again with the same
message (seems unlikely) and was rejected due to the exim verify
cache hit. But when I finally get the bounce message from ezmlm and
manually try the verify it works fine.

Am I miss reading this?

--
Bill Moseley