[Exim] exim + courier + mysql virtual domain setup

Autor: Dan Egli
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] exim + courier + mysql virtual domain setup
I realise this is not directly related to exim but I was hoping someone
here could help me out since the courier-imap list is dead on this.

I'm trying to follow the guide on
http://www.tty1.net/virtual_domains_en.html
for setting up virtual domains with exim and courier. The exim portion
is untested yet but should not be so hard. What I'm having issues with
is the courier portion. I'm using Fedora Core 2 and built courier via
RPM. So I have two courier packages installed. courier-imap and
courier-imap-mysql. I setup the table exactly as shown in the web page
(except I changed the default UID/GIDs to those for the mail user). I
added several people (local and virtual) to the database. But when I
load courier-imap with the authmysql module loaded, no one can login. It
always fails. Courier has horribly ineffient logging in this aspect.
There is absolutely no information in /var/log/maillog about what is
going on and I cann't find a way to make it log any more details.

If there's a better howto I'm all ears. Otherwise this is the only howto
I have seen that uses exim, Courier, and virtual domains. I would
really love to get this working. So any tips are most welcome!

--
-- Dan