[Exim] Email locked problem.

Author: Leonardo Boselli
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Email locked problem.
On my site every e-mail senmt to a misspelled address is forwarded to
the postmaster, to a specific account for these purpose, read and
cleaned once a week.
Some days ago a damned user im our network was so dumb to get a
virus that tried to send a virus to every possible 4 to 8 letter address ...
the system duly got them and delivered to the misaddressed mailbox.
When i tried to read i was not able to do some operation such sorting
and even deleting messages since it grown to 2GB FS limit.
I renamed and a new one was created, with another 27000 messages,
mostly os such virus (all sent in a few minutes ...).
How can i (possibly using procmail) clean that huge file (the 2 GB one) .
All that the rogue messages have in common is that \all have the same
subject (and i can safly discard every message with such subject).
Does someone has a working recipe ?
Does {thesame|another}one have a suggestion on how to avoid the
recurrency of the accident ?

--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile