Re: [Exim] Email locked problem.

Author: Nigel Wade
Subject: Re: [Exim] Email locked problem.
Leonardo Boselli wrote:

> How can i (possibly using procmail) clean that huge file (the 2 GB one) .
> All that the rogue messages have in common is that \all have the same
> subject (and i can safly discard every message with such subject).

If you've got procmail, you should have formail. This might be able to split
the large file into a file-per-message directory. Then you can delete the
files which you don't require. Use formail, or cat, to rebuild your mbox file.

> Does someone has a working recipe ?

No, funnily enough it's not something I've ever had to do.

> Does {thesame|another}one have a suggestion on how to avoid the
> recurrency of the accident ?

If you can, install virus scanning on the mail server and reject virus
infected messages. Also, reject messages with no valid recipient so the
sender knows they've mis-typed the recipient. I don't see how storing them
will help you stop the spammers, but it does interfere with normal mail
functionality.

E-mail :    nmw@???
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555