Re: [Exim] SpamAssassin, and cPanel default exim.conf

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SpamAssassin, and cPanel default exim.conf
Thomas Tremain <Thomas@???> wrote:
> I've seen this problem for a long time, in many versions of cPanel
> Scenario:
> No mailboxes in domain, only forwards to mailboxes in another domain
> (off server)
>
> Spam assassin is enabled.
>
> Email sent to these forwards, are not parsed by SpamAssassin, nor are
> they tested with email filters.
>
> Possible fix:
>
> Current code in exim.conf
>
> sa_localuser:
> driver = accept
> check_local_user
> headers_add="${perl{gensaheader}{$local_part}}"
> condition = "${perl{checkusersa}{$local_part}{$received_protocol}}"
> domains = ! lsearch;/etc/userdomains
> transport = local_sa_delivery
>
> If you remove the "domains =" line or remove the "!" in the same line,
> emails will be parsed by Spamassassin and email filters before being
> forwarded.

All you do by removing the '!' is to reverse the effect of the 'domains'
test - so instead of scanning for domains that are not in the
/etc/userdomains file, it scans for domains that are in that file. And if
you remove the line altogether, it will remove the test.

Can't see how this would be particularly bad if that's what you want to
happen - but I'm far from a cpanel expert. Maybe someone else here is - or
you could ask in a cpanel forum - it doesn't get talked about much here.

Peter